April 28, 2010

Sue Thomas FBEYE short story part 6

Whoa, so sorry for anyone who was looking forward to this... I got a little sidetracked with other posts! But, to refresh your memory from over a MONTH ago (yikes!), here is the last little bit from part 5: (also, I originally paired Allie with David, but since I wrote a short story where he was the bad guy, it just didn't feel right to me! Gabrielle, you know why! I may post that story to, but for now just take what ya get! LOL)



"What the..." Bobby's sentence trailed off. Tara's laptop had a blue screen and was flashing random numbers. Finally, it shut down with a plink! and Tara's head dropped on Bobby's shoulder. Bobby jumped up as D strolled into the bullpen. "D, Tara's computer has a virus. I think it may have something to do with Arif Dessa."



PART 6:


The doorbell rang and Sue opened it to find Stanley. "Stanley! Hi! Nice to see you again!" She said. She welcomed him in and called to the children, "Wes! Judy! Come and greet our guest!" The kids came running and slid to a stop. "Nice to meet you," Wes said, shaking his hand solemly. Judy, the ever irrepressible, asked him, "Whatdya bring me?" Sue gasped. "Please tell me I didn't read that right!" Stanley laughed and pulled a lollipop out of his pocket. She squealed and went off to bounce on her bed, delighting in her newfound friend. "You know that practically means you're engaged, right?" Jack laughed, coming downstairs. He and Stanley shook hands just as the doorbell rang. Sue's eyes twinkled and Jack shook his head. She opened the door and greeted Allie. "Allie! Hi, just in time! Dinner is just about ready. Oh, Stanley, this is Allie. I completely forgot that we were gonna have dinner with Allie. I hope we have enough. Jack dear, come help me set the table," Sue said, pulling Jack into the kitchen.

He raised an eyebrow at her and she chuckled. "What?" She asked with exagerated innocence. He kissed her on the forehead and walked to the dining room, whistling. "Nothing honey." At that moment, Stanley and Allie walked in, talking a mile a minute. "So you like the book Computer Diagnostics For Nerds? That's my favorite book!" Allie exclaimed. Whenever Tara was unavailable, Sue always called Allie when she had a computer question. "Really? Have you read the chapter on defragging a faulty harddrive? Whoever wrote that chapter should be uplifted by the computer gods," Stanley exclaimed, accidentally flipping his plate in the air and spilling the entire plate of chicken stirfry onto the floor. Levi instantly ran over, but sniffed disdainfully at the veggies. Wes & Judy giggled as Allie covered her smile with a cough. Jack almost doubled over with sustained laughter as Sue helped poor Stanley. "Note to self: computer talk and stirfry don't mix," Stanley managed to laugh at himself, despite the circumstances. Sue breathed a sigh of relief. Maybe the plan would work out after all...

Ok, tell me if I should continue! Also, should I bring back Jonathan?

PART 7 COMING SOON!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES YES YES!!!! PLEASE GO ON!!!!!! I have really enjoyed the story... it's almost like the TV show!

I'm so glad we finally met!! I was hoping we would ever since I found out you did dance.
~!mAdDiE!~

Haley said...

I loved it! I'm really glad you're back with your story! Yeah, I think Jonothan should come in. :)

Love and hugs,
Haley

Lindsay said...

Hey Sara!
I was wondering when you were going to post the next part. Yes, you should defnitely continue with this! Although I'm kind of sad that you made David a bad guy. He was nice... just not right for Sue. Anyway, to answer your other question... I think you should bring Jonathan back. The two episodes that he was in are some of my favorites! :-)

~ Love,
Lindsay

Michaela W. said...

Hey Sara!! The story is really suspensful!!:) Keep up the good work!
-Morgan <3