May 26, 2010

And the Winner Is...

I don't know about any of you, but I watch American Idol. Obsessively. So, after coming home from my grandma's house (that has lots of American Idol she DVR'ed), the season 9 finale was on. I reallllllllly wanted a certain person to win, AND HE DID! Here is a profile on the crazy talented Lee DeWyze.
Mr. Lee DeWyze, also know as AMERICAN IDOL 2010! DeWyze attended Saint James Catholic Elementary School in Arlington Heights, Illinois and Prospect High School up until his senior year. After leaving Prospect High, Lee attended Forest View Alternative School in Arlington Heights, having been inspired both by his teachers and his interest in music to return to his studies. Lee never graduated from either high school. DeWyze worked as a paint salesman on and off since age 15; he continued to work there until the Hollywood rounds of American Idol. He is amazingly talented and so humble! He was almost crying when he won!Lee and Crystal Bowersox, the runner up.Lee singing Kiss from A Rose on Cinema Songs night
Also, so sad, Simon Cowell is leaving :-( Now only Randy is the original judge.
What is up, people?

*Profile taken from Wikipedia*

2 comments:

Ella said...

I know!! Wasn't it wonderful to have Lee win?! I was yelling and cheering......

I didn't get emotional when he won (just excited) but I did tear up after all the Idol Alums sang a song and Simon said good-bye. Why...I don't know...that's just me!

Jolyn said...

BOO BOO HISS... I wanted Crystal to win....Lee was flat and shouldn't have one....enough said..
But it was one of the best 1 hour and 56 minutes they had...great night till the end...
LUV U,
Aunt Jolyn