May 2, 2010

Sue Thomas F.B.EYE Story part 7

I vow to be more on the ball with the continuation of this story. By the way, thank you so much for all the encouraging comments on the last part! And also, thank you Maddie for your post on G.R.I.N... I was looking in your archives and found it! So here is where we left off: (I do this as much for me as my readers, because sometimes I'm a wee bit forgetful!)

Previously on Sue Thomas F.B.EYE:
Levi instantly ran over, but sniffed disdainfully at the veggies. Wes & Judy giggled as Allie covered her smile with a cough. Jack almost doubled over with sustained laughter as Sue helped poor Stanley. "Note to self: computer talk and stir fry don't mix," Stanley managed to laugh at himself, despite the circumstances. Sue breathed a sigh of relief. Maybe the plan would work out after all...

PART 7:
Sue and Jack were just flipping channels when they heard Darcy come in. "Hey Darcy, where were you?" Sue asked, serving up some leftover ice cream dessert. Darcy set her purse down and took a bite. "Umm, yum. I am not going to think about all the calories in this. Anyways, I was shopping. Then I stopped at Minudos for an eggplant taco and came home. How did the matchmaking go?" She said laughing. Sue quirked an eyebrow in Jack's general direction, but he shrugged. "She said it, not me." "Allie and Stanley totally hit it off. They talked about computers and Russian cuisine, which I didn't even know either of them liked, and when they left they exchanged numbers!" Sue said, triumphantly biting into a chunk of Oreo. Darcy laughed as Levi woofed in agreement. Darcy was a dog lover, and Sue was helping her adopt a golden retriever from G.R.I.N, which is an establishment in Sue's hometown that stands for Golden Retrievers In Need. "Have you heard from the agency about a dog?" Sue asked, for Jack was dozing while watching the reruns of Early Editions on GMC. "Yes, actually, I forgot to tell you. They matched me! They matched me with a dog named Dancer and they sent me a picture of her. She's so cute! I called and my sister, who lives in L.A, is going to pay someone to put up a fence." Darcy beamed, as she pulled out the picture. The dog was a reddish-golden with white on her chest. Sue oohed and awed, and Levi sniffed suspiciously. Jack suddenly woke up and turned the volume on the news up.
Sue and Darcy both watched in horror as a tape of a terrorist attack played. The newscaster's voice spoke quickly and with force, "This tape is the office of the Washington Times. Just ten minutes ago, a bomb blew the entire building to ruins. Out of approximately 1,865 people inside the building, only 535 have been found, 324 of them being alive. If anyone else is in there and is alive, time is running out," Sue looked up to Jack, but he was already pulling on his coat. "I'm coming too," Darcy said, grabbing her purse. "Someone has to be here to watch the kids," Sue said. Jack just barely shook his head and signed, We can't leave her, what if they target her and the kids? I'm calling Allie and he rushed over to the telephone. "What'd he say?" Darcy said indignantly. She had been studying ASL, but was not ready to do long conversations even though she could fingerspell very well. "He said you can come. Here are the keys, I'll be right there." Sue said and rushed over to grab Levi's leash and her purse.
At the bomb site, Darcy was given clearance and they met the other members of the team there. Bobby protested at Darcy's presence, but she smiled warmly and he smiled back frostily. "What kind of bomb could blow up a building this big?" Sue asked. Bobby, being the bomb expert, answered quickly. "A Jestex bomb with as much power to blow up the white house and the capitol in one swoop. This person obviously knew what they were doing," Sue nodded an =d shivered. Tara tapped a few keys in a handheld device and nodded triumohantly. "I figured out how the bomb was set off. It was set off-" " By the jestex, Bobby just told us that," Darcy injected. Bobby turned slowly to Darcy. "When an agent is talking, you keep your yabbo shut. You may have clearance, but stay quiet so we can do our jobs," Bobby said. Tara raised an eyebrow and continued, "This bomb was no accident. This has a signature mark as being a bomb that Arif Dessa uses. But why here?" The team nodded and Darcy gasped. "I was here. Before I went to Minudos. I wanted to talk to a coworker, and they must have had people watching me. I went in the front, but since there are side and back exits, I decided to take those in case someone actually was following me. Turns out they thought I was still in there. But why me? I'm working on a drug case, not terrorism!"
TO BE CONTINUED!
Will Bobby ever calm down? Why did Dessa try to blow Darcy up? Is there anymore survivors? Will Jack and Sue be able to handle the next house guest, who is someone they once investigated?
Find out in Part 8!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

WOW... there sure is a lot going on! I can't wait to see who Sue and Jack's next house guest is!! I'm thinking back on all the people they investigated. Hmmmm... :)

Haley said...

I really liked it and can't wait for the next part!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Sara. Amazing, once again!
~!mAdDiE!~