May 15, 2010

Enchilada Casserole

Ooh, yum! I made this recipe yesterday for dinner before going to a birthday party. Man, was it good! I don't mean to brag or anything, but YUMMMMMMMM! So here is the recipe for you all to try!

3 cups cooked and shredded chicken1
1/2 cups sour cream1
(10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1/2 cup salsa
1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chiles
1/2 cup cilantro
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
12 (6 inch) flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
1. Mix sour cream, enchilada sauce, salsa, green chiles, and cilantro together in bowl. Set aside.
2. In separate bowl, mix shredded chicken, some of the sour cream mixture, and 3/4 of the shredded cheese. (I used both chicken and turkey, whatever you have, and I put it in a food processor)
3. Place spoonfuls of the chicken mixture in each tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish. Pour remaining sour cream mixture on top and sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
4. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes, or until heated through and bubbling.

Here are my families comments:
Dad: Ooh, Sara, you have to save this recipe! It is good!
Mom: Sara, this is a keeper! Maybe a little less chiles... (she has uneasy stomach)
Meghan: Can I have seconds?
Ronnie & Anna: Yummm! When is the party?

Ok, next post is a Sue Thomas story post! Yayyyyy!
TTFN: Ta-ta for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!! Sara, you so blessed us all by making this yummy dinner. Thank you SO much....it was delicious and is certainly a 'keeper' recipe-especially if the cook is you. :) Love you.

Lindsay said...

Oh, wow.... that sounds really, really yummy, Sara! My dad LOVES Mexican food, so I'll have to give this a try. :) And I can't wait for your next post! I'm still wondering who that house guest of Sue and Jack's is gonna be. ;)

TTFN,
Lindsay