February 24, 2010

Gimme That Microphone

Here are some lyrics I wrote last month, and I really want your opinion! I will try to post an acoustic video soon, but until then, use your imagination!

Gimme That Microphone
Lyrics by Sara
I walk into a room, reading faces like their on a page.
Some look-alike rockband wannabe is on the stage.
AndI think to myself how many lost souls are there out there,
who aren't hearing the gospel but some singer with rainbow hair...
So I step on the stage, gotta pull myself together,
I only have on chance to tell them the good news!
(CHORUS)
Gimme that microphone, I wanna tell ya'll before you go home!
That there's someone who loves you no matter what you've ever done!
Gimme that microphone, if you feel lost and all alone,
He died on the cross to save the souls of the lost,
and this ain't no dress rehearsal.
I'm not lyin to you, the story I tell is true
He walked the streets of jerusalem.
As he spoke, and he healed, yeah Jesus he revealed.
That something was gonna happen soon.
Then they took him away, & accused him of stuff he didn't do!
They nailed him to a cross, he died for me and you!
(REPEAT CHORUS)
(Bridge)
You may think the story is done... but you ought to know better!
(We're talking bout the son!)
(Repeat Chjorus 2x)
FADE OUT
What did you think? Comment and let me know!
Love Sara
PEACE-HOPE-LOVE-CHRIST

1 comment:

Sue said...

Love these lyrics!