February 26, 2010

Lookee what I did!

I was watching Sue Thomas FBEYE on Tuesday and I noticed that I had no handwork. So I pulled out a plain white pillowcase from our linen closet, pulled a few strands of brightly colored embroidery floss, and started working. I think I made it through (all together) 6 Sue episodes, plus a short movie (Cow Belles) and it is done! I made up my own style: crooked homemade! LOL, I think it looks 'folksy' so here are some pictures!This peace sign is approximately four inches in diameter! Big peace sign!For people who like words, not symbols!Close up view of the whip stitch on the front edge
Full view: (folded)
COMMENT ON HOW YOU LIKE MY 'DORKY HOMEMADE LOOK'
Sue Quote:

Sue Thomas: I'm going to go and exercise another one of my rights, that's what I'm going to do. Bobby Manning: I hope this isn't the one about the right to bear arms.
Jack Hudson: I think her bare hands are going to be enough.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I like your 'dorky homemade look'...and love the book by the same title! Happy to see you doing productive handwork...now to find your sunshine/shadow quilt! Good job!

Ella said...

I tell you...I love the Sue quotes you give us every post =)