February 28, 2010

Sue Thomas FBEYE short story part 1

Here it is! Ya'll have to comment and tell me if I should continue!

PART 1:
Jack is woken up by a bouncing pair of 4 year olds. "Wake up Daddy! Let's go!"Wesley exclaimed, pulling at them. Jack groaned and sleepily rolled over. He pulled Wes off of the bed and sat up. "Is mommy up yet?" He asked, sitting up. Wes nodded and giggled at his dad's ruffled hair. "Her and Judy went to walk Levi. She made us some apple oatmeal, but I think we should have poptarts. Dontcha think, Daddy?" Wes talked rapidly, jumping on the bed. "I think whatever your mom made we should eat." Jack grinned at Wes's downcast face. After the pair got dressed and went downstairs, they found Sue and Judy sitting at the kitchen island with a alphabet chart. Jack watched his beautiful wife sign the letters as well as say them. Judy repeated, until she caught sight of Jack. "DADDY!" Judy exclaimed, running over to give him a hug. Sue followed and was caught up in the group hug. "How'd you sleep honey?" Sue asked. Jack shrugged. "I dunno, good I guess. Until Mr. Energy Bar on wheels came in to wake me up!" Sue laughed at his naming of Wes. "Did you want to be late? I already called D and said we would be late. We have to hurry if we're going to drop the kids off at Aunt Allie's house. She is such a blessing!" Jack nodded happily, scooping some oatmeal into a bowl. As he did, the doorbell rang. Levi and the kids ran to answer the door and opened it to find a disheveled Darcy D'Angelo standing on the doorstep. "Darcy! This is a surprise! I thought you were still in L.A!" Jack said, signing to Sue who had arrived. "I was, but I was investigating the Senator Jim McQueen drug scandal. I went over to his house and arrived just in time to see three men approach the door and shoot him point blank." Jack's eyes widened and Sue's jaw dropped. The children and Levi had long abandoned the scene, and Sue invited Darcy in. Jack dialed eight numbers into his cell and waited. A deep Aussie accent came over the phone and answered, "Yup, Bobby Manning." "Bobby, this is Jack. Is someone throwing up?" Jack asked, grimacing at the sound. Bobby chuckled wryly. "Yup, Tara. She has been doing that every morning for a few days. I wonder why." Jack groaned at his partner's stupidity. "Bobby, I think Tara has morning sickness. I went through it with Sue," Jack heard Bobby gasp, then he spoke. "You mean? WAHOO!" Jack held the phone away from his head and returned it to his ear to tell Bobby who was here. "Hey, Crash, guess who just appeared on my doorstep?"

PART 2 COMING SOON!
Comment so I'll know to continue it!

2 comments:

Ella said...

Very cute....but did you make Aunt Allie be a friend of theirs? Wow...that was an intersting development =)

And I think you should have had Bobby marry Tara later....Darcy should have thrown a wrench into everything =)

But I love it.

Sara said...

Well, I will have a flashback to the whole 'Allie' detail, and dontcha worry, Darcy WILL throw a wrench into their plans, but not in the way you think :-)

Dontca love reading about Sue and listening to Sue? I know I DO!