March 1, 2010

Sue Thomas FBEYE short story part 2

Since I only got one comment, this will probably be my last insert for a bit, if ya'll want me to keep writing, COMMENT!

Part 2:
Ding! The elevator bell rang out as Jack, Sue, and Darcy stepped off into the familiar office. "Ah, prince Jack, oh excuse me, King Jack and his queen arrive with a special visiting duchess. Good morning Miss D'Angelo," Myles quipped. Lucy gave him her signature 'look' and that shut him up. He shrugged and returned to pouring his cup of coffee. "Hello everyone. I think I have something you might be interested in." Darcy announced, smiling albeit shakily. Bobby muttered an incoherent sentence and received a puzzled look from Darcy. "The Jim McQueen case? Why would we want it?" D asked, walking into the bullpen from his supervisor's office. After Garret retired, D stepped in and did such a good job he was offered the job on the spot. He was the one responsible to appealing the bureau policy on relationships so Jack and Sue could get married, and Bobby and Tara followed suit. "Because I have new information on the case. I don't know who the men were, but I was able to take some pictures on my phone. They shot Senator Jim McQueen point blank and then ran." Darcy said, sitting on the edge of Bobby's desk. He looked at her pointedly and cleared his throat. She blushed and slipped down and sat down on a chair Myles offered her. "I admit that it is sad, but how is a murder a F.B.I case?" Myles pointed out. "Because, not only was he a senator, but the men who shot him were Arabic. I don't recognize the others, but one looked familiar. Here it is," Darcy passed her cell phone around and there was a collective gasp. "Who is he?" She asked. Tara offered the answer, "His name is Arif Dessa. Better known as the prince of terror," Sue shook her head and sank onto Jack's desk. "Please tell me I didn't read that right," She said, looking wildly at Jack. He shook his head. "Yup. The prince of terror is loose in our city again. I thought he had the death penalty!" Jack exclaimed, smacking his palm onto his desk. "He got pardoned and got life in prison without possibility of parole. Then the prison break two weeks ago happened." Bobby said vehemently. "How stupid do you have to be to guard a terrorist?" Myles asked. "Unfortunately, I doubt intelligence is on their resumes," Lucy said, straightening papers on Myles's desk. "So Arif Dessa is loose. Now what?" Sue asked. Jack shrugged. I think we should start by visiting Mr. McQueen's house. Who knows, maybe he left a forwarding address." Jack said, grabbing his coat.

When they arrived at the address, they immediately noticed the open door. Jack and Bobby ran ahead, guns drawn. Sue and Tara followed while Myles went around back. The first thing Sue noticed was the stench. Swallowing the bile rising in her throat, she squinted her eyes and stepped over the body. "Jack?" Sue called out, turning the corner. "Sue, c'mere," Tara asked her, pulling her aside. "What's wrong?" Sue said, staring at Tara. Tara pulled a note out of her pocket and handed it to Sue. Sue opened the folded note and read aloud, "You didn't fool me then, you don't fool me now. Now that you two really are married, I can come after you easily. This is a whole new game. Sincerely, Josef." Sue dropped the typed note and fainted dead away. The last thing she heard was Tara yelling for Jack before she saw black.

Part 3 might be coming soon if I get comments!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Wonderful writing, Sara! Great dialogue! Enjoying the story....more coming?

Anonymous said...

That awesome, Sara! They should really make a episode like that (If they were still filimg)! PLLLEEEAAASSSE write more!
☺╬ *Maddie* ╬☺