March 7, 2010

Sue Thomas FBEYE short story part 5

Sorry, this will be short, but tomorrow, I will redeem myself! I promise!

PART 5:
As the van pulled into the small townhouse driveway, Allie walked out in a lilac hoodie and jeans. "Wes! Judy! Hey guys!" She pulled the small children into a hug. "I can't thank you enough for watching the kids this week. Amanda is at summer camp," Sue said. Allie hugged her and Jack at the same time. "Aw, no problem! I have nothing else to do," Sue laughed. "Hey, if you're not busy this Thursday, you wanna come to dinner?" Sue asked, nudging Jack with her elbow. "Yeah, I invited one of my buddies too." Sue beamed approvingly at him, the plan was working. "Oh, uh, sure! I am free that day," Sue clapped inwardly. Jack checked his watch and reminded Sue of work. "Have fun!" Sue called as the twins turned to wave.

In the bullpen, Bobby sat at his desk. After the policy change, the bullpen was switched around so Jack & Sue could work side by side, as could Tara and Bobby. Bobby stared at Tara, who was fiddling with her computer. He smiled as he remembered the night he proposed. "Hey Tara, you like Mojo Gogo, right?" He quipped, knowing full well her answer. "Yeah! Why?" Tara asked, looking up from her laptop screen. He whipped out two tickets and she squealed. "You got tickets to the concert tonight?" Bobby nodded and Tara clapped. Later that night, he pulled up to her house and honked. Out she came, in a navy sweater and stonewash jeans. Even in her casual attire, she managed to make his jaw drop. She slid in shotgun and slapped her hand up on his chin. "Shall we go?" She asked. He nodded, starting the car while she grinned excitedly. As the concert drew to a close, Tara hummed along to the song the band was playing: 'I-------ve got hampsters in my heart, for yoooou! I-------ve got gerbils on the brain, for you' It was then that she noticed that Bobby wasn't standing next to her laughing at the outrageous lyrics. "Excuse me, I'm gonna stop the song for a bit, I've got a pal who wants to say a few words." Winger, the lead singer, said. Tara was confused as people pushed her to the front. Suddenly, she gaped as Bobby ran onto the stage. "Tara Michelle Williams, I love you. Even if I don't have hampsters in my heart, thank goodness, I'm asking you to be my wife. Whadya save, sheila?" Tara's mouth dropped. She climbed up onto the stage, and answered him with a kiss.

And now, one year almost to the day, Tara told him she was expecting a baby. Bobby smiled at the turn of events. Then he frowned as he remembered Darcy. Her breaking up with him hurt, but he got past that. Until right before she was about to leave when he found out that the reason she broke up with him was because she was dating her editor in L.A. He felt so stupid, but then he decided to move on. That was when he really started to notice Tara. "DARN IT!" Tara exclaimed. Bobby slid his chair over next to her and turned the laptop towards him. "What the..." Bobby's sentence trailed off. Tara's laptop had a blue screen and was flashing random numbers. Finally, it shut down with a plink! and Tara's head dropped on Bobby's shoulder. Bobby jumped up as D strolled into the bullpen. "D, Tara's computer has a virus. I think it may have something to do with Arif Dessa."

PART 6 COMING SOON!

It was short, but it had a flashback, so that makes up for it!

2 comments:

Ella said...

Wonderful!! I love the proposal!!!!

Lindsay said...

You're right - I love flashbacks! ;) That
definitely makes up for it being short. :)